My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I had the honour of reading this anthology before its release, and am I glad I did! You've all heard the saying "The only good New Yorker is ... one who write murder mysteries." right? Since that's the case I now know 7 good New Yorkers.
- Death Will Clean Your Closet by Elizabeth Zelvin is an intriguing tale about a recovering alcoholic and a disappearing body in his walk-in closet.
- The Lie by Anita Page starts with a scared child's white lie and the unexpected consequences that follow.
- Murder in the Aladdin's Cave by Lina Zeldovich details the murder of a belly dancer and how logical sleuthing brings the murderer to justice.
- Family Matters by Peggy Ehrhart finds a private investigator helping her musician father prove a fellow musician is innocent of his ex-wife's murder.
- None of the Above by Diedre Verne show how violent academia really is when a stolen test is used to set a road block on the tenure track of a fellow professor.
- NYPD Daughter by Triss Stein proves that a rookie cop will always be a little girl in her cop father's eyes. When she stumbles upon a protection racket it's daddy to the rescue!
- Strike Zone by Terrie Farley Moran takes us back to the year 1961 when Maris broke Babe Ruth's home run record and a young girl finds courage in the works of Edgar Allen Poe.