Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lori Handeland's "Any Given Doomsday"

Any Given Doomsday (The Phoenix Chronicles, Book 1)Any Given Doomsday by Lori Handeland

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Nephilim, demons, witches, seers, and shifters. Throw in a vampire or two and you've got the makings of a great story.

Elizabeth Phoenix is an ex-cop barmaid who can see the future. She's an ex-cop because she blames herself for her partner's death. She's a barmaid because she doesn't want to be a P.I. She can see glimpses of the future, but she doesn't want that either. When her foster mother is murdered, she's thrown into a whole lot of what she doesn't want. Now she has to face her past and accept her future, or the world as she knows it will end.

I picked up Any Given Doomsday because I was browsing Ms. Handeland's site (http://www.lorihandeland.com/) and found a link to download a free short story called In the Beginning. After I read that story, I just knew I had to buy this book to find out what happens to Lizbeth. I'm really glad I did. The story is intriguing and engaging. Ms. Handeland has created a very interesting world and peopled it with characters you can like, some you will absolutely hate, and some that you won't be able to make your mind up on, at least, not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment