Sunday, August 1, 2010

Nicole Peeler's Jane True

Tempest Rising (Jane True, #1)Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This debut novel is off to a great start. The main character, Jane True, is half-selkie, half-human. Not that she knew that. She just thought she was a good swimmer.So good, in fact, that her swimming was kept a deep, dark secret. Well, swimming in the North Atlantic in late fall is a little...odd. As the story unfolds, however, Jane learns about her self and gets her eyes opened to the world of the paranormal, but not in a good way, really. She's embroiled in a murder mystery and the next victim just may be her!

I really enjoyed this look into Jane's world. Nicole Peeler has written a fun, witty, fast-paced novel that got me hooked from page one and hasn't let go yet. Bravo, Nicole! I'm already jonesing for book 2.


Tracking the Tempest (Jane True, #2)Tracking the Tempest by Nicole Peeler

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book 2 of Jane True's Life and TImes. First, I have to say !!!!!!! This is a fabulous story. It might even be better than book 1. Jane does a lot of growing in this story and she comes out much better for it. The truly bad part is that there are only 348 pages. Now we have to wait until January to find out what happens next. :(

Tracking the Tempest continues where Tempest Rising left off. Jane is now fully immersed in the supernatural world. She's learning to use her magic and she's in a long distance relationship with Ryu, her vampire boyfriend. The supernatural community is busy playing deep games and Jane is struggling to keep herself and her loved ones safe.

This is such a fast-paced book, I just know I'm going to have to read it again in a couple of weeks to pick up on all the finer details I zoomed through on the first reading. Jane has quickly become one of my favourite urban fantasy heroines and I send out a loud hip-hip-hoorah and congratulations to Nicole for her imagination and skill. You keep writing them, Dr. Peeler, and I will keep reading them! Oh, and Nicole, Ryu's last name (guffaw-giggle-snort) sheer brilliance!

No comments:

Post a Comment